Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Christmas Music

Christmas Music
One of the best parts of the holidays for me is when the Christmas music starts coming around. There are a few songs that I love a lot, but most of them are dear to me. Perhaps it is because those songs remind me of the magic of Christmas when I was a child. There are some songs I can’t stand though, and those are some of the parodies that you may hear on the radio. I guess I like the traditional, and those songs are the ones that remind me of family, friends, and Christmas day.
You can find all types of Christmas music at your local music store. If you like something in particular, you can probably find it anywhere. You can find religious Christmas music, or you can find your favorite songs sung by some of your favorite artists. I know some people who think that Christmas is just not Christmas without their favorite songs. If you love Elvis, having a blue Christmas may not sound like such a bad thing after all. Though I’m not entirely familiar with Elvis, I’m sure he did quite a few holiday tunes that many people still love to listen to today.
If you like Christmas music and you play an instrument, you can find sheet music for almost any song you can think of. If the song is still under copyright, you may have to pay for the sheet music, but it shouldn’t cost you very much. When you do this, you can play your favorite Christmas music for your friends and family. You can also find them online for download. You can find one song, or you can download an entire album all at once if you so desire.
Some Christmas music is classic, and you can find many different varieties of the same song. You can find some with vocals and you can find something done by a big band if that is what you like. In a world of popular music and in an age when the big band sound has all but disappeared from the charts, you can still appreciate the music as it was when you or your parents were children. You may find that modern versions of your favorite Christmas music is nice, but nothing will compare to the memories you have when you hear the songs as you heard them when you were very young.